I got an email from an editor in chief for Malaysia Travel Guide to help him post up the online campaign on "Malaysia Wildlife Conservation Awareness 08". I'm a person who love nature and wildlife, it's my pleasure if I can contribute a little efforts for this awareness although I can't join this campaign in Malaysia.
This campaign is seek to increase public awareness and knowledge of the value of biodiversity, and this conservation will begins with education. According to the 2007 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, life on Earth is disappearing fast and will continue to do so unless urgent action is taken.
Malaysia wildlife facts:
- 14% of Malaysia’s mammals are listed by The World Conservation Union (IUCN) as endangered
- 30 species of turtle ever discovered, only 7 are left
- Less than 1,500 Borneo Pygmy elephants are found in the world
- It is estimated that there are less than 20 Sumatran rhinoceros left in Borneo
- The Bornean species of orangutan is highly endangered, and the Sumatran species is critically endangered, according to the IUCN Red List of mammals, and both are listed on Appendix I of CITES.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's save the wildlife to prevent them from extinction. Don't let them be the history like dinosaurs. If we can't be a hero like in HEROES series to 'Save The Cheerleader and Save The World', now we can be the heroes in reality world to 'Save The Wildlife and Save The World'!.
Save The Wildlife!!!