Tuesday, November 09, 2010

My Favorite Top 10 Rock Guitarists

Everyone who know me sure know that I love rock musics very much especially any rock songs with heavy guitar solos.

I've been talking lots of classic rock bands in the past, and I just found out I never rank my favorite top 10 rock guitarists ever. It's quite hard for me to choose for my top 10, I was thinking for weeks before I post this up.

Here is my final selection of my favorite top 10 rock guitarists, I think most of you that know me well who will me my No. 1 rock guitarist ever. Alright, without wasting time above is my list...

#10 - Ritchie Blackmore


Real name is Richard Hugh 'Ritchie' Blackmore, born in 14 April 1945, is an English rock guitarist for Deep Purple and Rainbow.

My favorite guitar works from Blackmore:
  • Smoke On The Water
  • Highway Star
  • Catch The Rainbow
  • Man On The Silver Mountain
  • When A Blind Man Cries
  • Soldier Of Fortune

#9 - Eric Clapton


Eric Patrick Clapton, born in 30 March 1945 is an English blues-rock guitarist. He himself as solo performer as well as a member of rock bands The Yardbirds and Cream.

My favorite guitar works from Clapton:
  • Layla
  • Crossroads
  • Cocaine
  • Tears In Heaven
  • Wonderful Tonight
  • White Room

#8 - Angus Young


Angus McKinnon Young, born in 31 March 1955 is a Scottish-born Australian musician, and lead guitarist, and co-founder of the rock and roll band ACDC.

My favorite guitar works from Young:
  • Highway To Hell
  • Back In Black
  • You Shook Me All Night Long
  • Shoot To Thrill
  • For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
  • T.N.T.
  • Thunderstruck

#7 - Slash


Saul Hudson (Slash), born in 23 July 1965 is a British-American musician. Former lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses, later formed Slash's Snakepit and co-founder of Velvet Revolver.

My favorite guitar works from Slash:
  • November Rain
  • Estranged
  • Welcome To The Jungle
  • Civil War
  • Don't Cry
  • Sweet Child O' Mine
  • Paradise City

#6 - Joe Satriani


Joseph 'Joe' Satriani born in 15 July 1956 is an American multi-instrumentalist. Early in his career, Satriani worked as a guitar instructor, and some of his former students have achieved fame with their guitar skills (Steve Vai, Larry LaLonde, Kirk Hammett, Andy Timmons, Charlie Hunter, Kevin Cadogan, Alex Skolnick)

My favorite guitar works from Satriani:
  • Cryin'
  • Surfing With Alien
  • Always With Me, Always With You
  • Flying In A Blue Dream
  • Satch Boogie
  • Summer Song
  • Until We Say Goodbye

#5 - Jimmy Page


James Patrick 'Jimmy' Page, born in 9 Jan 1944, is an English guitarist, songwriter, and record producer. He began his career as a studio session guitarist in London and was subsequently a member of The Yardbirds from 1966 to 1968, after which he founded the English rock band Led Zeppelin.

My favorite guitar works from Page:
  • Stairway To Heaven
  • Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
  • Whole Lotta Love
  • Immigrant Song
  • Rock And Roll
  • Black Dog
  • The Song Remains The Same
  • Since I've Been Loving You
  • Kashmir

#4 - Jimi Hendrix


James Marshall 'Jimi' Hendrix, from 27 Nov 1942 - 18 Sept 1970, is an American guitarist and songwriter. He is widely considered the 'Guitar God' in the history of rock music.

My favorite guitar works from Hendrix:
  • All Along The Watchtower
  • Purple Haze
  • Red House
  • Fire
  • Hey Joe
  • Little Wing
  • Voodoo Child
  • Foxy Lady

#3 - Stevie Ray Vaughan


Stephen Ray 'Stevie' Vaughan or SRV, from 3 Oct 1954 - 27 Aug 2000, was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter.

My favorite guitar works from Vaughan:
  • Lenny
  • Pride And Joy
  • Taxes Flood
  • Tin Pan Alley
  • Crossfire
  • Riviera Paradise

#2 - John Petrucci


John Peter Petrucci, born in 12 July 1967, is an American guitarist and songwriter best known as founding member of Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment.

My favorite guitar works from Petrucci:
  • Hollow Years (Live at Budokan version)
  • The Best Of Times
  • Lines In The Sand
  • A Change Of Seasons
  • Erotomania
  • As I Am
  • Ministry Of Lost Souls
  • Another Day
  • Through Her Eyes (Live Scene from New York version)
  • Endless Sacrifice
  • Stream Of Consciousness
  • Octavarium
  • The Dark Eternal Night

#1 - David Gilmour


David Jon Gilmour, born 6 March 1946, is an English rock musician, best known as the lead guitarist, one of the lead singers, and one of the main songwriters in the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. In addition to his work with Pink Floyd, Gilmour has worked as a producer for a variety of artists, and has enjoyed a successful career as a solo artist.is an English rock musician, best known as the lead guitarist, one of the lead singers, and one of the main songwriters in the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. In addition to his work with Pink Floyd, Gilmour has worked as a producer for a variety of artists, and has enjoyed a successful career as a solo artist.

My favorite guitar works from Gilmour
  • Comfortably Numb
  • Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)
  • Money
  • Time
  • Coming Back To Life
  • High Hopes
  • Sheep
  • Echoes
  • On The Turning Away
  • A Great Day For Freedom
  • Marooned
  • Shine On You Crazy Diamond
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Smile
  • On An Island
  • Wearing The Inside Out
Here is my most favorite guitar solo all time, it's so beautiful and I never get bored after thousand times listen to it. I use it as my mobile phone ringtone as well!



David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) - Comfortably Numb

My Top 10 Rock Guitarists!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails