Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Historical Badminton Hall - SBA

The Selangor Badminton Association (SBA) Hall in Kampung Attap is one of the most historical badminton hall in our country. This venue has produced many top badminton players. The SBA Hall was built in 1929 and has been used by the public and as a training ground to develop young talent.

It was once the national training centre for badminton and the place where many badminton players first honed their talents before taking on the world.


Outlook of SBA Badminton Hall

Among the former players who used to train at the SBA Hall were the Sidek brothersJalani, Razif, Rashid and MisbunJames Selvaraj, Moo Foot Lian and Foo Kok Keong while the current crop of Chan Chong Ming, Ong Soon Hock and Tan Bin Shen also used to practice there.

I used to play badminton in this hall every Thursday right after my working hour. Too bad, last week was my final week to play in this hall because this hall closed on 25 November 2006 (Saturday) for major renovation. The renovation work will takes about 9 months.

The court I used to play

No age limit... we can see young to old players around here

Overall look in the hall

This hall/building really old, but I like the environment inside there, so classic and peaceful. Imagine this hall is almost 80 years old, and it still can operate until now, they really did a great job to maintain it.

Meeting hall

Old type windows

Main power switch box, quite bad condition, always get tripped off :P

SBA Fund Contributors board

My 'lepak' corner after game

We used to 'lepak' in the cafe after game for chit chat, imagine with all uncles, what else to chat? Work, politics, family, current issues and gossips :P

Sometimes got few ex-national badminton players came to join us for chit chat too, I always met Moo Foot Lian 'lepak' here.


My weapons...

I really miss this place so much, now we have to find other hall on the same day for our usual weekly meeting.

Goodbye SBA... See you after 9 months...

16 comments:

L B said...

A long, long, long, long, long, long, long time ago, very long, long, long, long, long ago.. I used to play a bit of badminton too, when I was 'tackling' this badminton player from the local girls' school.. That was fun!

rainbow angeles said...

Long time ago, I also got play badminton wan... but not play to tackle boys... I not like L B wan... hehe...

seefei said...

moo foot lian and james selvaraj - wah those names sure evoked memory of a golden era of msia badminton long gone!

nice post, our version of SBA is famous for its restaurant and an open concept massage parlour. can to massage after the badminton game - losers pay!

the last time i went it was $58 including food and drink.

Unknown said...

[aceone]
The badminton hall upstairs of shopping mall one ah? Too far for me la...

[simple american]
yeah... is popular in Asia, but BEDminton is most popular around the world... LOL

[lb]
fuah... badminton also can tackle gals ah? how come I never do that ah? maybe the place I play all men only.

[angel]
LOL... u no tackle boys but u smash the boys? :P

[see fei]
I always chit chat with Moo Foot Lian, he is very talkative n friendly.

Wah... ur version of SBA got massage somemore? So canggih la...

Anonymous said...

That building does look like it needs some renovation liao.

Just hope it still maintained the ol' feeling that you have playing at the place.

frostier said...

come my place? or u wanna arrange other place?

Anonymous said...

looking at the current condition that it's in, it definitely needs a sprucing up!!

Iwan said...

i didnt know rockers are into BADMINTON too....

Muahahahahhaaa!!

Anonymous said...

I think v should organise a doubles game with u and wingz and ace and myself. one condition must have piau meis to cheer us and the price ? winner have piau mei of your choice one night in First World Suite ! ok onot ? Ace and me confirm ledi ! hehehe ( solli ace )

sun, moon & star said...

i also used to play badminton a long time ago, used to smashed the boys down from the all-boys school nearby.
Moon

Unknown said...

[nonnie]
they said will preserve the old design, hopefully la...

[frostier]
where is ur place?

[may]
yeah... really need, but I still like it.

[iwan]
got rules said rocker cannot play badminton? LOL...

[tonixe]
if got piaomeis cheer up I cannot play one wor... :P

[sun,moon&star]
Moon, u so keng ah? Smashed the boys down? I better hide 1 side lor... LOL

Maverick SM said...

I only play bedminton. hahaha!

ah nel said...

i tot SBA is food...

Sio Bee Assoc

Unknown said...

[maverick]
I wish I got chance to play that too... LOL

[ah nel]
sound like food meh? LOL

Chen said...

long long long long long long time ago, I played badminton too..
and tat was really long long long long long time ago :D

Unknown said...

[chen]
how long was that long long long long long long???? LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails